A Business Mentor assists with business advice and mentor support for each new NEIS business throughout the first year of business operations.
If approved, you’ll receive the NEIS Allowance for 39 weeks of business operation and, if eligible, NEIS Rental Assistance for up to 26 weeks, allowing you to focus on growing and developing your business.
To participate in NEIS you must be fully eligible for jobactive or are a Disability Employment Services participant in the Employment Assistance Phase or are participating in jobactive as a Volunteer and commence in NEIS Assistance before the end of their period of service. You must also:
- be at least 18 years of age at the time you start NEIS
- be receiving an eligible income support payment such as Newstart Allowance, Parenting Payment, Carer Payment, Disability Support Pension or Youth Allowance (Other)
- not convert to the Age Pension before or during participation in NEIS
- be available to participate in NEIS training (if relevant) and work full time in the proposed NEIS business
- not be an undischarged bankrupt
- not have, at any time, received NEIS Assistance for a similar business activity
- not have received NEIS Assistance in the previous three years
If you need financial assistance* with setting up your own business, please see No Interest Loans Scheme (NILS). *Eligibility criteria applies.
For further information, please contact us via phone (1300 981 901) or email.