Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to improve your business and leadership skills? MTC is proud to be partnering with the NSW Department of Education to bring you the Skilling from Home initiative! These short, sharp online courses are tailor-made to provide you with the business and leadership skills to stand out from the rest of the pack!
These courses are:
- SG00002734 – Statement of Attainment in Work Skills for Business
- SG00007758 – Statement of Attainment in Leadership Essentials
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
Who is it For?
This course is available to all students under the Smart and Skilled initiative of NSW State Training. To be eligible, you need to:
- Be aged 15 or older
- Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or humanitarian visa holder
- Live or work in NSW
- Have left school and have no previous qualifications at Certificate IV or higher
Given the technical nature of this course, we recommend students have language, literacy and numeracy skills at a minimum of Year 10 level or equivalent to Certificate II level. You will be required to undertake a pre-training assessment prior to enrolment to ensure you have adequate skills to undertake the course.
You will require the Language Literacy, Numeracy and Digital skills to:
- Conduct internet research
- Engage in online learning, including video conferencing sessions
- Create word-processed documents
- Read and comprehend a range of written documents and numerical texts
If you are not sure that you meet the listed entry requirements, please contact us to find out how we can support you
How it Works
These courses will be delivered online, helping students stay safe during the COVID-19 pandemic and fit their study around other commitments.
Start Date: This course starts on Monday 6th September at approximately 10am. Course enrollments close on Wednesday 1st September.
Duration and Delivery Mode: These courses will be delivered online through Microsoft Teams and are scheduled for 25 hours per week (Monday – Friday, five hours per day) for a total of four weeks. This will include:
- Five days of facilitated virtual learning, 5 hours per day
- In addition, approximately 5-10 hours per week of self-paced learning through our online learning platform (subject to learner needs)
Learner IT requirements: Customers must have access to a computer or laptop, word processing software and the internet to undertake this course.
SG00002734 – Statement of Attainment in Work Skills for Business
Units of Competency:
- BSBWHS201 Contribute to health and safety of self and others
- BSBCMM201 Communicate in the workplace
- BSBWOR203 Work effectively with others
SG00007758 – Statement of Attainment in Leadership Essentials
Units of Competency:
- BSBMGT401 Show leadership in the workplace
- BSBRSK401 Identify and apply risk management processes