Smart and Skilled was launched in 2015 as a result of the NSW Government’s reform of vocational education and training across the state. By allowing more students to access government funded subsidies in prority areas, the reform is helping people in NSW to get the skills they need to find a job. It provides all eligible students the opportunity to undertake government-subsidised training in targeted priority areas.
Types of courses you’re eligible for
Your eligibility for a government-subsidised Smart and Skilled course no longer depends on your previous qualifications.
- From 2016, all students, regardless of the level of any previous qualification held, are able to access subsidised Smart and Skilled training up to Certificate III in level. This means that even if you have a higher level qualification you may still be eligible to re-train to enter (or re-enter) the workforce.
- You can also enroll in subsidised training at Certificate IV, Diploma or Advanced Diploma level, depending on the availability of funding for these courses
MTC Australia is offering, eligible students the opportunity to enrol in the below qualifications under the NSW Government subsidised training Smart and Skilled;
- BSB30315 Certificate III in Micro Business Operations
- BSB20115 Certificate II in Business
- BSB30115 Certificate III in Business
If you are interested to know more about the funding available please visit the Smart and Skilled website.
To view our Quality Policy, please click here.