MTC Australia offers qualifications via Traineeships under the NSW Government’s Smart and Skilled program. Smart and Skilled is aimed at people who want to gain new skills in order to find a job or advance their careers.
What is a Traineeship?
Traineeships are workplace-based training programs delivered by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) – in this case MTC Australia. A Traineeship will allow you – or your staff – to gain a nationally recognised qualification while you work.
Trainees/students: Traineeships are a great way to be paid for work, learn and earn a qualification.
Businesses: Traineeships are a great way to upskill your employees.
How do Traineeships work?
Employers receive Government funding to support the training of new and existing employees (subject to eligibility criteria). Traineeships are offered full-time or part-time, depending on your business’s needs.
Traineeships generally include:
- Paid employment under an appropriate industrial arrangement (for example, an award or enterprise agreement).
- A training contract that is signed by both the employer and trainee and approved by Training Services NSW.
- A training plan endorsed by an RTO that specifies the training required to achieve the appropriate qualification.
Traineeships are available to any new and existing staff of working age. Participants can range from school-leavers to workers re-entering the workforce or workers wishing to change careers.
Types of Traineeships
To be eligible for a Traineeship you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. Traineeships are offered for two categories of employees:
- New Entrant Traineeships
These are available to employees of any age, who have been with their current employer for less than 3 months full-time or 12 months part-time.
- Existing Worker Traineeships
These are available to employees of any age, who have been with their current employer for more than 3 months full-time or 12 months part time.
MTC offers the following qualifications as Traineeships:
- CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education
- CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- CPP30316 Certificate III in Cleaning Operations
- TLI31616 Certificate III in Warehousing Operations
- BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
- BSB20115 Certificate II in Business
- BSB30115 Certificate III in Business