Fee Free Traineeships
MTC Australia is offering fee free traineeships (as of 1 January 2020) to eligible participants under the NSW Government’s new $54.3 million initiative that will help improve access to traineeships. The program will save trainees or their employers from having to pay up to $1,000 for training costs.
Fee free traineeships are available to full-time employees who have been employed by a business for less than three months and part-time employees who have been employed for less than 12 months, and the training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
What is a Traineeship?
Traineeships are workplace-based training programs delivered by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) – in this case MTC Australia. A Traineeship will allow you – or your staff – to gain a nationally recognised qualification while you work.
Trainees/students: Traineeships are a great way to be paid for work, learn and earn a qualification.
Businesses: Traineeships are a great way to upskill your employees.
How do Traineeships work?
Employers receive funding under the NSW Government’s Smart and Skilled program to support the training of new and existing employees (subject to eligibility criteria). Traineeships are offered full-time or part-time, depending on your business’s needs.
Traineeships generally include:
- Paid employment under an appropriate industrial arrangement (for example, an award or enterprise agreement).
- A training contract that is signed by both the employer and trainee and approved by Training Services NSW.
- A training plan endorsed by an RTO that specifies the training required to achieve the appropriate qualification.
Traineeships are available to any new and existing staff of working age. Participants can range from school-leavers to workers re-entering the workforce or workers wishing to change careers.
Types of Traineeships
To be eligible for a Traineeship you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. Traineeships are offered for two categories of employees:
- New Entrant Traineeships
These are available to employees of any age, who have been with their current employer for less than 3 months full-time or 12 months part-time.
- Existing Worker Traineeships
These are available to employees of any age, who have been with their current employer for more than 3 months full-time or 12 months part time.
MTC offers the following qualifications as Traineeships:
- CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education
- CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- CPP30316 Certificate III in Cleaning Operations
- TLI31616 Certificate III in Warehousing Operations
- BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
- BSB20115 Certificate II in Business
- BSB30115 Certificate III in Business