Traineeships are a great way to upskill and empower your staff.
MTC Australia will provide a customised, nationally recognised training program to suit your business needs. MTC also provides support and monitors the trainee’s progress throughout the course.
Businesses can take on new workers (New Entrant Traineeships) or existing workers (Existing Worker Traineeship) as trainees.
Fee Free Traineeships
MTC Australia is offering fee free traineeships (as of 1 January 2020) to eligible participants under the NSW Government’s new $54.3 million initiative that will help improve access to traineeships. The program will save trainees or their employers from having to pay up to $1,000 for training costs.
Fee free traineeships are available to full-time employees who have been employed by a business for less than three months and part-time employees who have been employed for less than 12 months, and the training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
Benefits of Traineeships include:
- Upskill staff with the latest knowledge and skills
- Staff are trained to meet your specific business needs: you choose the skills you’d like staff to develop
- Builds on the skills that current employees have and provides recognition
- Helps to develop a productive work culture in a short time
- Creates a professional development culture and more motivated staff
- Flexible: can be full-time or part-time depending on your business needs
- Staff can start the Traineeship at any time of year
- Financial incentives may be available to employers (depending on qualification)
Traineeship costs and duration
Traineeships are funded by the NSW Government. The duration of the course will depend on the chosen qualification and/or industry.
View the Employer Handbook.