A Traineeship is a great way to develop your knowledge and skills and gain hands-on experience in your chosen course or industry.
A Traineeship combines paid work with your employer (full-time or part-time) with ongoing, structured training. This training is provided by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) like MTC Australia.
Fee Free Traineeships
MTC Australia is offering fee free traineeships (as of 1 January 2020) to eligible participants under the NSW Government’s new $54.3 million initiative that will help improve access to traineeships. The program will save trainees or their employers from having to pay up to $1,000 for training costs.
Fee free traineeships are available to full-time employees who have been employed by a business for less than three months and part-time employees who have been employed for less than 12 months, and the training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
A Traineeship enables you to:
- Earn a nationally recognised qualification
- Develop necessary skills and knowledge to perform competently within the workplace
- Progress at your own speed, and complete the Traineeship at a pace which suits you and the business
- Gain diverse skills, creating a more varied and interesting role
- Potentially claim credits for further qualifications when the Traineeship is completed
- Set a career pathway for your future
- Give you access to current information about the latest trends, tools of trade and technology, market strategies, competition, and lots more
Completing on the job training also boosts confidence in your skills and experience.
Traineeship costs and duration
Traineeships are funded by the NSW Government. The duration of the course will depend on your chosen qualification and/or industry. Please note that your existing skills and qualifications may reduce the length of the Traineeship.
View the Trainee Handbook.