This course provides a pathway into the workforce or further job-specific training. It’s designed for people who need to build their foundation skills so they can take the first step in their career. At the end of this course, you will have:
- A pathway to employment or vocational training
- Reading, writing, numeracy, oral communication and learning skills at ACSF Level 3
- Entry-level digital literacy and employability skills
- A training and employment plan
Who is it For?
This course is available to all students under the Smart and Skilled initiative of NSW State Training. To be eligible, you need to:
- Be aged 15 or older
- Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or humanitarian visa holder
- Live or work in NSW
- Have left school and have no previous qualifications at Certificate IV or higher
Given the technical nature of this course, we recommend students have language, literacy and numeracy skills at a minimum of ACSF level 2.
How it Works
This course is delivered as 15 hours of classroom-based training each week over 26 weeks, depending on your needs and preferences.
You’ll need to complete 14 units of competency, including 8 core units and 6 elective units. Units cover topics such digital technology, communication and customer service.
Your Next Step
To apply for this course or to find out more:
Call MTC Australia on 1300 981 901 or fill out the online enquiry form.
You can take all the above information with you to Centrelink or your employment consultant by downloading and printing the course factsheet below.