The Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care course will teach you how to work collaboratively with educators to provide care and support to children. Successful completion of this course may lead to career opportunities as a family day care worker, early childhood educator, playgroup supervisor, team leader, childhood educator or childhood educator assistant.
Who is it For?
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. MTC recommends that students have language, literacy and numeracy skills at ACSF Level 3.
Smart & Skilled Initiative
This course is available to all students under the Smart and Skilled initiative of the NSW Vocational and Educational (VET) system. To be eligible for funding, you must:
• Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or humanitarian visa holder
• Be aged 15 years or older
• Live or work in New South Wales
• Have left school and have no previous qualifications at Certificate IV or higher.
For more information on your eligibility, please contact our Customer Care team on 1300 232 663 or enquire online.
How it Works
Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care is delivered via a combination of face-to-face and distance-based learning, and is comprised of 15 core and 3 elective units (18 units of competency in total).
• Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety • Develop cultural competence • Ensure the health and safety of children • Provide care for children • Promote and provide healthy food and drinks • Provide care for babies and toddlers • Develop positive and respectful relationships with children • Use an approved learning framework to guide practice • Support the holistic development of children in early childhood • Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning • Use information about children to inform practice • Work legally and ethically • Identify and respond to children and young people at risk • Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting • Participate in workplace health and safety
• Reflect on and improve own professional practice • Support children to connect with their world • Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate education and care for children
*Elective selection may vary according to customer requirements.
*Please note: these classes may only be delivered remotely due to COVID-19.
Course dates and next steps
If you are interested in attending this course, we have upcoming sessions at the below locations:
MTC Liverpool: Commencing on 31/08/2020
MTC Bankstown: Commencing on 14/09/2020
MTC Hurstville: Commencing on 21/09/2020
To apply or to find out more call us on 1300 232 663 or register your interest below:
You can take all the above information with you to Centrelink or your job consultant by downloading and printing the course factsheet below.