This course enables aspiring entrepreneurs to take the next step in getting their small business off the ground. You will explore business opportunities and develop a business plan, complete with financial tables. You will also develop skills essential to running a small business, such as customer service, finance and marketing.
This nationally accredited qualification will also prepare you to operate as an independent contractor.
Who is it For?
This course is available to all participants undertaking the NEIS Program. To be eligible, you need to:
- At least 18 years of age
- Able to legally work in Australia
- Available to participate in NEIS training and work full-time in your proposed NEIS business.
Given the nature of this course, we recommend that participants have language, literacy and numeracy skills equivalent to Certificate III level. You will be required to undertake a pre-training assessment prior to enrolment to ensure you have adequate skills to undertake the course.
You will require language Literacy, numeracy and digital skills to:
- Read and comprehend the course learning content
- Conduct internet research
- Complete a business plan using word processing software
- Complete financial tables using spreadsheet software
- Develop advertisement copy
- Create an online survey.
If you are not sure that you meet the listed entry requirements, please contact us to find out how we can support you.
How it Works
This course is delivered online, helping participants stay safe during the COVID-19 pandemic and fit their study around other commitments.
Duration and Delivery Mode: This course is delivered online through Microsoft Teams and is scheduled for 26 hours per week (Monday – Friday,) for a total of thirteen weeks. It will include:
- Two days of facilitated virtual learning, 5 hours per day
- Approximately 15 hours per week of self-paced learning through our online learning platform
- One hour virtual coaching session per week.
Learner IT requirements: Participants must have access to a computer or laptop, relevant software and the internet to undertake this course.
Units of Competency
You will need to complete 10 units of competency, including 4 core units and 6 elective units. Units cover topics such as developing a business proposal, managing finances and conducting marketing activities.
- BSBESB301 Investigate business opportunities
- BSBESB302 Develop and present business proposals
- BSBESB303 Organise finances for new business ventures
- BSBESB305 Address compliance requirements for new business ventures
- BSBESB304 Determine resource requirements for new business ventures
- BSBESB404 Market new business ventures
- BSBOPS302 Identify business risk
- SIRXMKT002 Use social media to engage customers
- BSBOPS304 Deliver and monitor a service to customers
- BSBPEF301 Organise personal work priorities
You can take all the above information with you to Centrelink or your employment consultant by downloading and printing the course factsheet on this page.
Are you interested in starting your own business?
NEIS (New Enterprise Incentive scheme) enables aspiring entrepreneurs to take the next step in getting their small business off the ground. Candidates will complete an 13-week training course in BSB30220 – Certificate III in Entrepreneurship and New Business and our expert business coaches will help them scale their business idea for 12-months.
RTO Code 90171