The CHC50113 – Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care qualification is targeted at early childhood educators who are responsible for designing and implementing curriculum in the early childhood education and care sector.
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
Who is it For?
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. However, you will need to have a current Working with Children Check and double COVID vaccination.
You will be required to undertake a pre-training assessment prior to enrolment to ensure you have adequate language, literacy and numeracy skills required for Diploma level.
You will require the Language Literacy, Numeracy and Digital skills to:
- Read and comprehend simple written documents and numerical texts
- Conduct basic internet research
- Engage in online learning, including video conferencing sessions
- Create simple word-processed documents
If you are not sure that you meet the listed entry requirements, please contact us to find out how we can support you.
This course is available to all participants as a traineeship as well as under the Smart and Skilled initiative of the NSW Vocational and Educational (VET) system. To be eligible for Smart and Skilled funding, you must:
- Be aged 15 or older
- Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or humanitarian visa holder
- Live or work in NSW
- Have left school and have no previous qualifications at Certificate IV or higher.
How it Works
MTC offers this course as a Traineeship, which combines workplace training and assessment with distance-based learning. Training support is provided throughout the course to ensure participants have the greatest chance of successful completion.
Duration and Delivery Mode: This is a self-paced course and can take up to 18 months to complete. The training sessions are delivered face-to-face and online through Microsoft Teams and are arranged by the trainer. The self-paced learning is through our online learning platform and required approximately 10-15 hours study per week.
Practical Placement Hours
Minimum of 240 hours (working hours can be integrated as placement hours for traineeship participants).
Learner IT requirements: Participants must have access to a computer or laptop, word processing software and the internet to undertake this course.
Units of Competency
You will need to complete 28 units of competency, including 23 core units and 5 elective units. Units cover topics such as designing, planning and implementing educational programs, providing leadership and support to other staff and ensuring compliance with policies and legislative frameworks.
- CHCECE001 Develop cultural competence
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCECE002 Ensure the health and safety of children
- CHCECE003 Provide care for children
- CHCECE004 Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
- CHCECE005 Provide care for babies and toddlers
- CHCECE007 Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- CHCECE009 Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- CHCECE016 Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children
- CHCECE017 Support the holistic development and wellbeing of the child in early childhood
- CHCECE018 Nurture creativity in children
- CHCECE019 Facilitate compliance in an Education and Care services
- CHCECE020 Establish and implement plans for developing cooperative behaviour
- CHCECE021 Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children
- CHCECE022 Promote children’s agency
- CHCECE023 Analyse information to inform learning
- CHCECE024 Design and implement the curriculum to foster children’s learning and development
- CHCECE025 Embed sustainable practices in service operations
- CHCECE026 Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate education and care for children
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- HLTWHS003 Maintain work health and safety
- CHCECE011 Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
- CHCECE012 Support children to connect with their world
- CHCPOL002 Develop and Implement Policy
- CHCPRP003 Reflect and Improve Own Professional Practice
- HLTWHS001 Participate in work health and safety
You can take all the above information with you to Centrelink or your job consultant by downloading and printing the course factsheet on this page.
RTO Code 90171