Find your ideal job with Disability Employment Services
Disability Employment Services (DES) is a government-funded initiative designed to help people like you who are living with a disability, injury, or illness find suitable employment.
Working in partnership with CoAct, MTC’s experienced team will get to know you, your skills, your goals, and any barriers that you might face, before providing you with the support you need to find, prepare for, and stay in a job that you love.
Are you ready to find that job you’ve been searching for? Let’s get started and see how DES at MTC Australia can help you achieve your goals!
Who is MTC Australia?
MTC is a social enterprise that gives people the inspiration, capability, and opportunity to create a life of their choosing. We deliver high-impact employment, training, and youth programs that help 20,000 people every year to gain skills for employment and entrepreneurship, build self-worth, and enable possibilities for transformative change.
How our DES program works
- Individualised support. You’ll have a dedicated Recruitment Partner who’ll work with you to identify your goals and create a plan for achieving them from day one. You’ll also work together to develop your resume writing and interview skills.
- Access to additional services. Your Recruitment Partner will work at a pace that suits you, connecting you with other supports as you need them, including training opportunities and personal or medical assistance.
- Connecting you with local employers. Once you’re ready to find your next job, your Recruitment Partner will connect you with a local employer who is looking to hire and will happily provide you with suitable work that matches your abilities.
- Ongoing support. The support won’t stop there. After you’ve found a job, we’ll stick around to make sure you settle in well and can access any assistance you need to help you succeed, including workplace modification and support services.
Are you eligible for DES?
You may be referred to DES if you are living with a disability, injury, illness, or health condition that requires additional support at work by verifying your medical condition with Centrelink.
To access DES, you must:
- have a disability, injury, or health condition;
- be aged at least 14 years but have not yet attained the Age Pension qualifying age;
- have a future work capacity with intervention of at least eight hours per week;
- be an Australian resident;
- not be studying full time, unless you are an Eligible School Leaver
- receive an income support payment, unless you are:
- Eligible School Leaver, Special Class Client, or Work Assist
- a current NDIS participant
Hear from some of our customers
- Malek Jazzar is 18 years old and has an intellectual disability. He found a job he loves after joining MTC’s DES program.
- Lee lives with narcolepsy type 2 and was referred to MTC’s Disability Employment Services program by CoAct to help her find an appropriate job for her condition.
Learn more about DES
Ready to get started with Disability Employment Services (DES) and find accessible work? Get in touch with our friendly team at your nearest MTC Australia branch for a free consultation.
You can also phone our Customer Care team on 1300 232 663 or enquire using our online form.