Need help finding a job or hiring a new staff member in Sydney? jobactive is an Australian government-funded initiative that helps job seekers get employed, and employers recruit a suitable candidate.
With the help of a trusted jobactive provider, you’ll be well on your way to achieving your career or business goals. So let’s get started, and see what the jobactive program is all about.
What is jobactive?
jobactive is an Australian government-funded employment program, delivered through registered jobactive providers. You’ll be referred to jobactive through Centrelink if you’re on an income support payment, and be asked to choose a provider through which to access the program and its benefits.
Is the jobactive program for you?
The jobactive employment program is open to all Centrelink job seekers on income support payments such as Newstart Allowance, Youth Allowance and Parenting Payment. To be eligible for jobactive, job seekers must also meet mutual obligation requirements.
Job seekers who aren’t on income support may still be eligible to enrol as a Volunteer job seeker, depending upon their circumstances.
All employers who are interested in hiring through jobactive are able to kickstart the process by contacting a program provider in their area.
How can jobactive providers help job seekers find work?
With us, job seekers benefit from:
- Personalised Consultancy: Everyone is different. We help you build the skills and confidence you need for success in your chosen industry.
- Results: We don’t just help you find a job. We help you keep it.
- Learning Opportunities: As part of the program we help you access training courses and education to get skilled up and ready for your new role.
- Respect: We know you’re different, and we love it. With us you’re always welcome, safe and included.
- Ongoing Support: It doesn’t end when you get the job. Our post-placement support will help you settle in and access everything you need to stay employed.
We’re a jobactive provider that celebrates and embraces your unique points of difference, working that into all aspects of our employment services.
What do our jobactive employment services involve?
As part of our jobactive offering we provide job seekers with the following employment services and benefits:
- Overcome Employment Barriers: We’ll help you identify and work through job-search obstacles, including mental health checks, counselling, licensing and anything else standing in your way.
- Resume Writing and Application Support: We’ll support you through the application process to help you market yourself and your experience to potential employers.
- Interview Preparation: You’ll build the self-confidence to establish a presence in the interview, answer questions and make a great first impression.
- Skills Development: Through employability skills courses you’ll develop and improve industry-specific skills, becoming more attractive as a potential employee.
- Suitable Vacancies: Job seekers have access to vacancies listed by our extensive network of employer partners, who are looking for a candidate like you!
- Ongoing Support: We stay in touch with your for 6 months after you find a placement, helping you transition smoothly into your new role.
We’ve helped more than 5,000 people across NSW find jobs and smoothly transition into their new role.
Career assistance for over 45s
MTC has recently launched Career Transition Assistance (CTA) to help job seekers aged 45+ on their path to employment. CTA will help you to up-skill, learn about new industries and link you with local employers, all while participating in a collaborative, adult learning environment. For more information on CTA, click here.
How can you hire new staff in Sydney with jobactive?
Any organisation can recruit staff through jobactive, from sole traders to multinational corporations. If you operate in Sydney, and you need workers who are committed, confident and skilled at what they do, you can access a pool of thousands of candidates at no cost to you.
Through a jobactive program provider, you’ll benefit from:
- Personalised, single-point-of-contact account management
- Wage and training subsidies
- Customised post-placement support
- Diverse expertise across roles and industries
At MTC Australia, our approach to finding your next superstar is to facilitate a suitable match. We want you to hire the right person for you, the role and company culture. When we refer a candidate to you for an interview, we’ve already considered:
- Your Needs: Our employment services are comprehensive, considering the unique requirements of your role, business and industry.
- Candidate Quality: Our jobactive candidates have been interviewed by one of our consultants, are skilled to fill your role, and have been assessed for relevant work health and safety knowledge.
- Social Impact: We empower people to unlock their full potential through employment, and employers to take their business to the next level with the right candidate.
With us, you’ll enjoy a seamless recruitment journey, and find the person you need for your business.
Learn more about jobactive and our services
We’re not your typical jobactive provider. If you’re ready to get started with the jobactive program, find your dream job or that superstar you’ve been looking for, get in touch with your nearest MTC Australia branch today for a free consultation.