Need help finding a job or hiring a new staff member in Sydney? jobactive is an Australian government-funded program that helps job seekers get employed, and employers recruit a suitable candidate.
With the help of a trusted jobactive provider, you’ll be well on your way to achieving your career or business goals.
jobactive is an Australian government-funded employment program, delivered through registered jobactive providers, such as MTC Australia. You’ll be referred to jobactive through Centrelink if you’re on an income support payment, and be asked to choose a provider to help you on your path the employment.
If you’re on an income support payment through Centrelink, such as JobSeeker, Youth Allowance or Parenting Payment, then you are eligible for the the jobactive employment program. To participate in jobactive, job seekers must also meet mutual obligation requirements.
Job seekers who aren’t on income support may still be eligible to enrol as a volunteer job seeker, depending upon their circumstances.
All employers who are interested in hiring through jobactive are able to kickstart the process by contacting a program provider in their area. Take a look at our jobactive employers page if you’re interested in hiring.
With us, job seekers benefit from:
- Personalised Consultancy: Everyone is different. We help you build the skills and confidence you need for success in your chosen industry.
- Results: We don’t just help you find a job. We help you keep it.
- Learning Opportunities: As part of the program we help you access training courses and education to get skilled up and ready for your new role.
- Respect: We know you’re different, and we love it. With us you’re always welcome, safe and included.
- Ongoing Support: It doesn’t end when you get the job. Our post-placement support will help you settle in and access everything you need to stay employed.
We’re a jobactive provider that celebrates what makes you unique, and we work that into all aspects of our employment services.
MTC’s jobactive program will provide support to help you find, prepare for and stay in a job.
- First of all, we’ll help you with resume writing and the application process to help you market yourself to potential employers.
- You’ll have a dedicated consultant to guide you from the time you sign up until after you’ve found a job.
- Together, we’ll build your self-confidence and presentation skills, helping you ace your interview.
- Our training programs will help you build skills for your chosen industry.
- You’ll be also be able to view suitable job vacancies listed by our large network of employers, who are looking for a candidate just like you!
- Finally, we’ll stay in touch with you and provide ongoing support for six months after you find a job, helping you get off to the best start possible.
We’ve helped more than 5,000 people across NSW find jobs and smoothly transition into their new role.
If you’re over 45, MTC also offers Career Transition Assistance (CTA) to help you on your path to employment. CTA will help you to upskill, learn about new industries and link you with local employers, all while participating in a collaborative, adult learning environment. For more information on CTA, click here.
Learn more about jobactive and our services
We’re not your typical jobactive provider. If you’re ready to get started with the jobactive program, find your dream job or that superstar you’ve been looking for, get in touch with your nearest MTC Australia branch today for a free consultation.