Want a recruitment partner for your business, without the cost? Look no further than MTC Australia.
MTC has been providing quality employment services to the Greater Sydney region for more than 30 years, so you can rest assured that you’ll be working with an experienced, dedicated team that will help you achieve your business goals.
As a government-funded program designed to help people find work, jobactive provides a range of potential benefits for employers, such as access to thousands of diverse, upskilled and ready to work candidates, and substantial wage subsidies designed to help businesses onboard their new employees.
MTC is also a not-for profit organisation, which means that by working with us, you'll be helping us deliver important programs that support vulnerable members of your local community
Customers who aren’t on income support may still be eligible to enrol on a voluntary basis, depending upon their circumstances.
When you partner with MTC, we'll provide a holistic, no-cost service that includes:
- Getting to know you, your business and your hiring needs. Our MTC Specialists will meet with you to understand your vacancy and the type of candidate that you need.
- Providing you with enthusiastic candidates who have been mentored and trained in both personal and work skills, and are ready to get started.
- Identifying, organising and assisting with access to funding for any training, licensing or certification that your new employee needs to ensure they can hit the ground running.
- Local market knowledge. We understand the local labour market and industries in the area, meaning we can help you identify opportunities that you might not have previously known about.
- Help supporting your business financially. By hiring with MTC's jobactive program as opposed to a traditional recruitment service, you'll be able to access significant wage subsidies for each new employee.
- Enhancing the diversity of your workforce. As our pool of candidates includes a wealth of people who are mature age, culturally and linguistically diverse, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander or living with a disability, we can help you achieve your organisational diversity goals. Not only do our candidates come from a wide range of backgrounds, but they also have experience across a vast array of different roles and industries, meaning the person that you may be able to introduce new ideas and skills to your business.
If you hire through MTC's jobactive program, not only will you receive a no-cost service, your business could also access up to $10,000 in government-funded wage subsidies that have been designed to get more people into work.
These subsidies vary depending on the individual candidate and our Coaches will run you through the subsidy you may be eligible for during the recruitment process.
As part of MTC's personalised service, not only will you be able to access these wage subsidies, we'll also organise all the paperwork you need and complete it on your behalf – giving you the time to get on with running your business. All you'll need to do is submit payslips for the employee and we’ll take care of the rest, ensuring you receive these financial benefits in a timely manner.
As a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of people in our community, we're not just an ordinary recruiter. By working with MTC, you'll be directly contributing to our ability to conduct programs that assist the most vulnerable members of our community. One of these is Warakirri College, our independent high school for people aged 15-22 that have disconnected from mainstream education. Warakirri helps these at-risk students build confidence, manage other challenges in their life and work towards their own learning, career and life goals.
What is the wage subsidy and how do I organise my documentation?
This is a government-funded incentive designed to get more people to work through the jobactive program. A wage subsidy is a financial incentive of up to $10,000 (GST inclusive) to help your business hire new staff. There are a range of government subsidies for employers, however, the amount available will depend on the individual. Your MTC Specialist will discuss which subsidy you may be eligible for during the recruitment process.
How do I access the wage subsidy portal?
Your MTC Specialist will set you up on the portal and provide your log in details.
What types of jobs can I offer?
Jobs can be full-time, part-time or casual. There are certain criteria that need to be met, such as: an average of 20 hours per week over the six-month period of the wage subsidy agreement and ongoing work that complies with employment standards for the position. Apprenticeships and traineeships are also eligible to attract a wage subsidy.
Who do I contact at MTC if I need to have discussion relating to my employee?
Your MTC Specialist is the best person to contact first. If it's is in relation to the wage subsidy, they will advise you of the best contact person to assist with that matter. If you can’t reach them, you can call our Customer Care team on 1300 232 663.
Find out more
Ready to find your next employee? Get in touch with our Customer Care team on 1300 232 663 or at [email protected] to find out more about how MTC’s jobactive program can benefit your business.