jobactive is all about getting the skills and support you need to find a job that you like. Whether you’ve got your sights set on a particular field of work or you’re still finding your way, we can help you make a smooth transition into the workforce.
Who is it For?
To be eligible for jobactive, you must receive income support payments such as Newstart, Youth Allowance or Parenting Payments and have mutual obligation requirements.
If you meet these requirements, you can be referred to jobactive through Centrelink. If you don’t meet these requirements, you may be able to join the program as a volunteer job seeker.
To find out whether you’re eligible, visit your local Centrelink office or get in touch with us.
How it Works
Once referred, you will meet with a consultant and together you’ll develop a Job Plan tailored to your needs and goals. Through jobactive you can:
- Learn new skills and access training you might need
- Get help writing your resume, cover letter and application
- Find new job openings and opportunities
- Learn how to prepare for an interview
- Build your self-confidence
- Complete work experience placements
- Get support for personal issues that make it hard to find work
You’ll also be able to access tools such as a computer, phone and printer to help with your job search.
Your Next Step
To register for jobactive or to find out more call MTC Australia on
1300 232 663 or fill out the online enquiry form.
You can take all the above information to Centrelink by downloading the program factsheet via the left-hand link.