MTC is a not-for-profit organisation that aspires to shape a society where everyone has the means and motivation to create a life of their choosing. We deliver high impact employment, training, and youth programs that help people gain skills for employment and entrepreneurship, build self-worth, and enable possibilities for transformative change.
About the Role
Due to our recent tender success in the Workforce Australia (formerly Jobactive) tender, MTC has exciting opportunities for Employment Consultants to join our team in Somerset in the following locations:
Our Employment Services division is dedicated to generating opportunities that empower and encourage people to find gainful employment and make a positive contribution to their community. We deliver a holistic program which assists and supports jobseekers in securing employment through case management, coaching, work skills training, pre-vocational training and job matching. We gain success through forming partnerships with key organisations in government, business and the wider community
Reporting to the Senior Employment Consultant, Employment Consultants will:
- Address customer vocational, skills and work experience needs and engage with employers to find suitable and sustainable employment.
- Manage a caseload of jobseekers with the objective of improving their employability, overcome vocational and non-vocational barriers and progress them towards finding relevant, sustainable employment.
- Complete and interpret customer assessments and work collaboratively with customers to co-create their My Work Story plan and ongoing development of job plans, ensuring a personalised and tailored approach.
- Utilise co-case management strategies with internal and external supports as required.
- Engage with local employers including via Recruitment Coaches to identify work opportunities that align with MTC’s caseload and generate outcomes.
- Show empathy, respect and understanding of the customers’ needs.
The ideal applicant we are seeking will have:
- Minimum of two years’ experience local industry and/or recruitment experience.
- High level negotiation and networking skills, with the ability to build effective networks both internal and external.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to forge effective relationships with a wide range of key stakeholders.
- Strong positive problem solving, conflict resolution skills and mentoring and coaching ability.
- Strong listening skills and an ability to handle challenging customer behaviour.
Why Choose Us
At MTC, you’ll have the opportunity to become a positive and lasting influence on someone’s life. The experiences, support, and training you gain here, will also help you grow as an individual and enhance your effect on the people we serve. At MTC, you can become the impact you imagine in your community.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and at MTC, you will be working in an environment of inclusion. Our core values of empathy, innovation, collaboration, and achievement, create a customer-centric culture that empowers us to do what it takes for our customers to know that they matter. A culture where we bring our individual and combined efforts to shape a society where everyone has the means and motivation to create a life of their choosing.
We recognise the importance of mental health and have an externally hosted Employee Assistance Program that provides our employees with confidential counselling, coaching, and leadership support for difficult life or work situations.
Join us if you are curious and self-aware, want to learn and grow, and are determined to do something that matters.
We also offer:
- Salary packaging and incentives
- Career and development opportunities
- Tailored Learning & Development
- Education Assistance Program
- Recognition and Reward scheme
- Flexible working arrangements
- Paid Parental leave
- COVID vaccination leave
Now is the time to act and be rewarded by making a difference to your community. To learn more about MTC and our opportunities, go to www.mtcaustralia.com.au
How to apply
Applications are being reviewed as they are received, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible with a resume and cover letter.
Location: Northern Suburbs Brisbane
Work Type: Contract
Ad Reference: Ad-21629