Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding role where you can contribute to a positive social impact? We’re currently seeking an In-Work Support Mentor to join our team on a maximum term contract until June 2023.
Benefits and Culture
- Attractive remuneration package including salary packaging, travel allowance and incentives
- Inclusive culture where you will be a part of enriching and transforming lives
- Use your customer service experience to make a difference
About the Role
The In-Work Support Mentor will manage a small specialist DES caseload and is the primary contact for Customers who have gained employment. The focus of this role is to ensure that every Customer is provided with appropriate support to secure and sustain long-term employment outcomes and to work collaboratively to resolve issues.
- Build rapport with Customers, understand their progress and circumstances and what success looks like in employment.
- Complete a risk assessment to identify risks that may hinder the Customer in remaining in employment and develop "In-Work Support" plans.
- Provide mentoring and guidance, motivation and support.
- Update ESS, Job Ready and MTC’s CRM with customer details, communications and ensure the timely submission of documentary evidence to support outcome milestones.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Strong experience in a Customer Service role, ideally with objection handling and / or sales focus.
- Experience in the employment services industry is desirable but not essential.
- An ability to build strong relationships with employers, Customers and staff.
- Sound problem-solving skills and an ability to manage challenging situations and Customers.
- A drive to achieve personal and professional goals and to meet KPI targets.
- Demonstrated cultural competence and the ability to understand and effectively interact with people across cultures, socio-economic background and life experience.
- An ability to work in a systematic, methodical and orderly way with high quality output.
How to Apply
Applications are being reviewed as they are received, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible with a resume and cover letter.
At MTC, we aspire to shape a society where everyone has the means and motivation to create a life of their choosing. We deliver high impact employment, training and youth programs that help people gain skills for employment and entrepreneurship, build self-worth, and enable possibilities for transformative change.
At MTC, you'll be working in an environment of inclusion; that aspires to reflect the diversity of the communities and customers we work with. Our Reconciliation Action Plan champions our vision for reconciliation – an Australia that values and embraces the unique cultures, contributions, perspectives and strengths of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Work Type: Contract
Ad Reference: Ad-21762