MTC is a social enterprise that enables people to overcome barriers on their path to meaningful work. We do this through the employment, mentoring and training programs we deliver.
Each year we support over 20,000 vulnerable and disadvantaged people across NSW and QLD with new skills, confidence and opportunities.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Psychologist (Provisional or Registered) to join our Employment Services team in Brisbane on a contract until 30 June 2025. You will support clients across various MTC Sites in overcoming vocational and non-vocational barriers to obtain employment.
Reporting to the Senior Psychologist, you will gain success by:
- Delivering individualised, collaborative, evidence-based counselling interventions (including referrals) to adult clients with a wide range of clinical presentations including mood and personality disorders, anxiety, schizophrenia, trauma, substance abuse, stress, and chronic pain and health problems.
- Developing and providing personalised behavioural change strategies, mental health interventions, referral plans, and coaching.
- Exhibiting an ability to motivate and engage people from varied backgrounds and circumstances.
- Assisting in the overall delivery and reporting of services as per the Employment Services program.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant qualifications and provisional or full registration as a psychologist with AHPRA.
- Strong clinical and assessment skills.
- A flexible and solutions-focused approach to practice which links to enabling employment.
- A passion for helping people from varied backgrounds with a focus on ability.
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- A consultative approach to working with inernal and external clients
- An ability to adapt your interpersonal communication style to suit different people or situations.
Why Choose Us
At MTC, you will have the opportunity to become a positive and lasting influence on someone’s life.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and at MTC, you will be working in a diverse and inclusive environment. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with lived experience of disability are welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. If there are reasonable adjustments to a recruitment process, role, or your work environment to help you, let us know.
Our core values of empathy, innovation, collaboration, and achievement, create a customer-centric culture that empowers us to do what it takes for our customers to know that they matter.
We also offer:
- Salary packaging and incentives
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career and development opportunities
- Education Assistance Program
- Recognition and Reward scheme
- Flexible working arrangements
- Paid Parental leave
- Monthly Rostered Day Off
Now is the time to act and be rewarded by making a difference to your community. To learn more about MTC and our opportunities, go to www.mtcaustralia.com.au
How to apply
Applications are being reviewed as they are received, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible with a résumé and cover letter.
Location: All Brisbane
Work Type: Permanent
Ad Reference: Ad-24944