MTC is a not-for-profit organisation that aspires to shape a society where everyone has the means and motivation to create a life of their choosing. We deliver high impact employment, training, and youth programs that help people gain skills for employment and entrepreneurship, build self-worth, and enable possibilities for transformative change.
About the Role
Due to our recent success in the Workforce Australia (formerly Jobactive) tender, MTC has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Psychologist to join our team in Somerset.
You will lead a team of Psychologists in supporting clients across various MTC Sites in overcoming vocational and non-vocational barriers to obtain employment.
The Employment Services division delivers a holistic program which assists and supports jobseekers in securing employment through case management, coaching, work skills training, pre-vocational training and job matching. We gain success through forming partnerships with key organisations in government, business and the wider community
You will gain success by:
- Coaching and mentoring the team, including providing group supervision.
- Delivering individualised, collaborative, evidence-based counselling interventions (including referrals) to adult clients with a wide range of clinical presentations including mood, anxiety, psychotic, substance- related, personality disorders, stress and trauma reactions, chronic pain, and chronic health problems.
- Provision of effective behaviour strategies, interventions, and coaching.
- An ability to motivate and engage people from varied backgrounds and circumstances.
- Delivery and reporting of services as per the Employment Services program.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant qualifications and full registration as a psychologist with AHPRA.
- Strong clinical and assessment skills.
- A flexible and solutions focused approach to practice which links to employment.
- An ability to motivate and empower others, providing staff with development and coaching.
- A passion for helping people from varied backgrounds with a focus on ability.
- Ability to listen, consult others and communicate proactively.
- Ability to adapt interpersonal style to suit different people or situations.
Why Choose Us
At MTC, you’ll have the opportunity to become a positive and lasting influence on someone’s life. The experiences, support, and training you gain here, will also help you grow as an individual and enhance your effect on the people we serve. At MTC, you can become the impact you imagine in your community.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and at MTC, you will be working in an environment of inclusion. Our core values of empathy, innovation, collaboration, and achievement, create a customer-centric culture that empowers us to do what it takes for our customers to know that they matter. A culture where we bring our individual and combined efforts to shape a society where everyone has the means and motivation to create a life of their choosing.
We recognise the importance of mental health and have an externally hosted Employee Assistance Program that provides our employees with confidential counselling, coaching, and leadership support for difficult life or work situations.
Join us if you are curious and self-aware, want to learn and grow, and are determined to do something that matters.
We also offer:
- Salary packaging and incentives
- Career and development opportunities
- Tailored Learning & Development
- Education Assistance Program
- Recognition and Reward scheme
- Flexible working arrangements
- Paid Parental leave
- COVID vaccination leave
Now is the time to act and be rewarded by making a difference to your community. To learn more about MTC and our opportunities, go to www.mtcaustralia.com.au
How to apply
Applications are being reviewed as they are received, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible with a resume and cover letter.
As part of our commitment to the safety of the children and vulnerable communities we work with, you will be required to undergo a Police Clearance and Working with Children Check.
MTC is committed to the health and safety of our employees. MTC has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to applicable medical exemptions. By applying for this role, if you secure employment with us, you will be required to comply with the policy.
Location: All Brisbane
Work Type: Permanent
Ad Reference: Ad-22304