The SEE Pathway Program is a way to provide a faster pathway to work for people who will benefit from additional support with their English language, numeracy, and digital skills.
Who Is It For?
To be eligible you must be:
- Of working age (15 years and above)
- Registered with Workforce Australia or other employment service providers (Disability Employment Services, Transition to Work or ParentsNext)
- Australian Core Skills Framework Level 1 or above
- An Australian citizen or a holder of an Australian visa with working rights
- Registered as a Volunteer Job Seeker
This course will be delivered under the SEE program and is an approved Activation Activity. Participant attendance amounts to 25 PBAS points per week. Your organisation may also be eligible for a Progress Payment pending participant completion of this course.
Course duration: Twelve weeks.
Upon completion of this SEE Pathways course, you will be familiar with the technical terminology and processes of the childcare industry.
You will also learn the Language, Literacy, Numeracy, and Digital skills needed to work in childcare, work health and safety basics, and workplace communication skills.
Finally, you may receive a Statement of Attainment in one of the following:
- 22471VIC: Course in Initial General Education for Adults
- 22476VIC: Certificate I in General Education for Adults (Introductory)
- FSK20119: Certificate II in Skills for Work and Vocational Pathways
How much does it cost?
For participants who meet eligibility criteria, this course is funded by the Department of Education, Skills and Employment.
Why choose this course?
Recognition of prior learning
MTC Australia has processes for recognising any prior knowledge and skills acquired through previous training, education and experience. Customers can apply for their RPL to be assessed and gain credit for their prior learning.
You will always feel welcome, safe and supported. MTC Australia celebrates different languages, cultures, age and education levels, and we encourage students to learn from each other.
This SEE Vocational Pathway will help customers build the relevant skills for employment in the childcare industry, and give them an insight into what employment in the childcare industry would entail.
Successful completion of this SEE Vocational Pathway may lead to customers being offered an employment opportunity with one of our employers.
Confidence to take their next step
This course is designed to give customers the knowledge they need to confidently make their next move – whether that’s into the workforce or further study.
RTO Code 90171