Do you know or teach a young person who is full of potential, but needs guidance to become who they want to be?
We are a not-for-profit youth and community services provider. Our aim at MTC Australia is to help young people set goals and choose the best pathway to achieve them.
Helping Young People Engage and Connect
Has your child or student thought about their education or career goals? Are they facing difficulty at school?
The programs we offer are designed to help young people:
- Engage with learning and stay in school.
- Connect with culture and community.
- Learn the confidence and life skills they need to reach their potential.
- Grow and become who or what they want to be.
With the help of our supportive and dedicated Youth Advisors, many youth have been able to develop a pathway that suits their educational and vocational goals. Your child or student can too.
Our Youth and Community Programs
We are a trusted provider of youth and community engagement services and programs. These initiatives are designed to build self-confidence and teach life skills to help young people achieve their goals.
MTC Australia is currently a registered provider of these youth programs across Sydney:
- Youth Frontiers: Students will be connected with a volunteer mentor who will help them develop self-esteem, confidence and a vision for their future.
- Opportunity Hub: A voluntary program for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students in Years 5–12. Advisors teach younger students about their culture and heritage alongside coaching sessions to help them re-engage with school. Senior students are offered supported pathways into training, tertiary education or employment.
- Links to Learning: At-risk students are offered the support they need to overcome education barriers, re-engage with learning and reach their full potential.
- Transition to Work: Early school leavers and young people can benefit from training, coaching and work experience as part of our youth employment services.
Our programs develop education, training and career pathways to help young people get to where they want to be in life. If they don’t know what they’d like to achieve, our mentors and trainers will help turn their interests into opportunities.
Investing in the Future of Australia’s Youth
Our programs and services are designed to help young people succeed in school, work and life. The experienced and dedicated Youth Advisors who teach, coach and train as part of our programs support youth in the following ways:
- Goal-setting: We help young people set achievable short-term goals and choose an appropriate pathway to achieve long-term goals.
- Community Engagement: Mentors teach young people the skills to communicate and engage with individuals, businesses and groups in their local community.
- Employability: We prepare young people for work with employability skills training, work experience and pre-employment coaching.
- Embracing Diversity: Our programs are for eligible youth from all cultural backgrounds, with a tailored Opportunity Hub for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander youth.
- Overcoming Barriers: Young people face many challenges. Whether they’re disengaged at school, can’t find a job or need help to determine the best pathway to achieve your goals, we’re here to help.
All of our programs and services invest in young people to create stronger communities.
Services that Create Stronger Communities
Our community services engage with schools, businesses and government agencies to support young people and low income earners. These initiatives promote stronger communities by creating opportunities for growth.
We’re currently offering these government-subsidised community programs and services in Sydney:
- Student Wellbeing Support Program: Schools can apply for funding to hire a Student Wellbeing Support Officer 2 days a week.
- No Interest Loans Scheme (NILS): Eligible low income earners can apply for a no interest loan with tailored repayment plans for select expenses.
By supporting communities around Sydney with these initiatives, we’re working to give individuals opportunities for growth.
Claymore Opportunity Hub sponsorship
Since 2014 MTC has sponsored a technology room in Claymore, known as the Claymore Opportunity Hub (previously Claymore Connections). The Hub provides the community with computers and internet access to:
- Provide pathways for learning and training in preparation for entering employment
- Provide training and skills in job applications, interview skills and resume writing, plus an up-to-date local jobs board
- Encourage participation of high school students through a homework club
MTC supports the Hub by providing computers and related hardware / software, internet access / wi-fi, tech support and internet security. Access to the room and full use of its facilities is free for social housing residents.
MTC also operates two youth programs in nearby Eagle Vale High School: Opportunity Hub (no connection) for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander youth, and Links to Learning. At MTC, we aim to nourish every community that we operate in.
An Opportunity to Reach Their Full Potential
Our educational quality policy is also available if you’d like to know more about our commitment to meeting your learning needs.