Youth Frontiers is a NSW Government-funded youth mentoring program that connects students aged 12–16 with adult volunteer mentors.
The aim of the program is to help students develop:
- Self-esteem & confidence
- Communication, teamwork & leadership skills
- School & community connectedness
- A vision for their future
Youth Frontiers for Students
Youth Frontiers is targeted at students with the capacity to benefit from the support of a mentor. Any student aged 12–16 with parental and school permission is eligible to join. Students can be referred by their school or voluntarily sign up using the form below:
Students begin by working on self-development with their mentor, and in group workshop sessions. Students also have the opportunity to work on a community project that’s related to their educational and employment goals, or general interests.
Community projects involve:
- Setting achievable goals
- Turning interests into opportunities
- Making a difference in the local community
Why Volunteer as a Youth Frontiers Mentor?
Want to make a difference to the life of a young person? Contribute your unique skills, knowledge and life experience and help youth set and achieve their personal and educational goals.
To volunteer as a mentor you need to:
- Connect easily with young people and be passionate about helping them develop and grow
- Be available a minimum of 10 hours over a 6-month period to mentor a young person, on school premises during school hours
- Undergo a criminal history and Working With Children Check
Are you ready to make a difference? Contact us today.
What Do Our Mentors Have to Say?
“Everyone has a skill to impart to others, even the gifts of listening and time are valuable to our leaders of tomorrow.”
… Says Youth Frontiers volunteer mentor Louise Marshall about her experience with the program.
Get Started with Youth Frontiers at MTC
MTC Australia is committed to delivering a meaningful Youth Frontiers experience.
We offer the Youth Frontiers mentoring program across South West and Western Sydney and the Nepean regions. Find your nearest MTC branch.