MTC is a social enterprise that enables people to overcome barriers on their path to meaningful work. We do this through the employment, mentoring and training programs we deliver.
Each year we support over 20,000 people across NSW and QLD that are vulnerable and experiencing disadvantage with new skills, confidence and opportunities. Our support sees people experience positive and often transformative change in themselves and in their contribution to their community.
As a successful social enterprise, we reinvest our surpluses in social impact projects aligned to our purpose.
About the Role
Skills for Education and Employment (SEE) is a government-funded employment and training program. It provides eligible job seekers with language, literacy, numeracy, job-search, and computer literacy training, to help improve their skills in English for use at work or in their studies.
The SEE Trainer will deliver successful training to eligible customers referred to the SEE Program and comply with all ASQA (Australian Skills Quality Authority) and DET (Department of Education & Training) requirements in relation to student files, policies and procedures.
You will be responsible for:
- Delivering classes in line with SEE Training Timetables, always providing supervision for customers.
- Adhering to all requirements regarding students undertaking Work Experience Kit.
- Ensuring customers always adhere to DET Client Code of Conduct and Privacy Notice.
- Ensuring necessary provisions are made for customers with special needs.
- Maintaining administrative requirements including but not limited to; attendance, suspensions, withdrawals, reengagements, incidents/complaints, etc.
- Ensuring work ensures adherence to all set rules, policies, and procedures of MTC and compliance with applicable regulatory standards and contractual requirements.
To be considered for this position, you will need to demonstrate the following requirements:
- Knowledge of LLN (Language Literacy and Numeracy) adult teaching methodologies.
- Knowledge of Australian Core Skills Framework.
- An undergraduate degree of at least three years’ duration.
- A recognised specialist post-graduate TESOL or equivalent qualification.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (highly desirable).
- At least 100 hours teaching English as a Second Language (ESL) or Adult Literacy/Numeracy in the last three years.
- Digital literacy skills and the capacity to train others in this area.
- Create a positive and comfortable learning environment.
- Deliver interesting and engaging lessons.
- Accurately complete administrative duties and tasks.
Why Choose Us
At MTC, you will have the opportunity to become a positive and lasting influence on someone’s life.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and at MTC, you will be working in a diverse and inclusive environment. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with lived experience of disability are welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. If there are reasonable adjustments to a recruitment process, role, or your work environment to help you, let us know.
Our core values of empathy, innovation, collaboration, and achievement, create a customer-centric culture that empowers us to do what it takes for our customers to know that they matter.
We also offer:
- Salary packaging and incentives
- Career and development opportunities
- Tailored Learning & Development
- Education Assistance Program
- Recognition and Reward scheme
- Flexible working arrangements
- Paid Parental leave
Now is the time to act and be rewarded by making a difference to your community. To learn more about MTC and our opportunities, go to www.mtcaustralia.com.au
How to Apply
Applications are being reviewed as they are received, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible with a resume and cover letter.
Work Type: Casual
Ad Reference: Ad-24806