Are you looking to rejoin the workforce and don’t know where to start?
MTC Australia has partnered with Koorana Family Services to bring you a 4-week Job Skills course facilitated by one of our Skills for Education and Employment Program (SEE).
In this face to face course you will:
- Learn basic computing and employability skills, MS Office products, and Australian workplace culture and expectations.
- Build your confidence in understanding job ad language, online search filters and keywords to increase opportunities.
- Get the confidence to take your next step whether that’s into the workforce or further study.
You may also have the opportunity to continue on in a SEE class after this course if you are eligible.
Weekly from Monday, 6 March to Monday, 27 March 2023
Time: 9.30am – 2.30pm
Where: Koorana Croydon St Preschool; 33 Croydon St, Lakemba NSW 2195
Please bring to each session morning tea, and a water bottle. Lunch will be provided.
If you are interested in participating, have your Employment Services provider contact our customer care team on 1300 232 663 or [email protected] to make an assessment appointment at our Campsie site.
What you will learn.
Week 1: Job basics in Australia
- Where to find jobs
- Building an Online Profile
- Job Advertisements
- Skills & Qualities
Week 3: Cover Letters
- Job Requirements, Skills & Attributes
- A Close Look at Cover Letters
- How to Write a Cover Letter
- Language Used in Cover Letters
- Plan & Draft a Cover Letter
Week 2: Resumes
- Types of Resumes
- How to Write a Resume
- Plan a Resume
- Draft a Resume
Week 4: Job basics in Australia
- Job Search Skills
- Interview Skills
- Marketing Yourself
- Preparation for a Job Start
Our Customers Success.
When she started MTC Australia’s SEE Pathways to Job Readiness course, Rumana Akter didn’t have a resume and didn’t know how to search for jobs online. After little more than a week attending classes, Rumana had enrolled in two more courses to develop new skills and was planning for her future career.