The NSW Department of Education has recognised our organisation as a High Performing Provider.
This course enables aspiring entrepreneurs to take the next step in getting their small business off the ground. You will explore business opportunities and develop a business plan, complete with financial tables. You will also develop skills essential to running a small business, such as customer service, finance, and marketing.
This Nationally Recognised Training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
Who Is It For?
This course is available to all students under the Smart and Skilled initiative of NSW State Training. To be eligible, you need to:
- Be aged 15 years or older
- No longer at school
- Living and working in NSW
- Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen
*other eligibility criteria may apply upon enrolment
You will require the Language, Literacy, Numeracy, and Digital skills to:
- Read and comprehend the course learning content
- Conduct a basic internet search
- Engage in online learning, including video conferencing sessions
- Use a range of software to communicate electronically and create simple documents
You may also be required to have access to a computer or laptop and an internet connection.
If you are not sure that you meet the listed entry requirements, please contact us to find out how we can support you or visit smartandskilled.nsw.gov.au.
How It Works
Duration and Delivery Mode: This course is delivered online through Microsoft Teams and is scheduled for 26 hours per week (Monday – Friday,) for a total of thirteen weeks. It will include:
- Two days of facilitated virtual learning, 5 hours per day.
- Approximately 20 hours per week of self-paced learning through our online learning platform
- One-hour virtual coaching session per week
Learner IT requirements: Customers must have access to a computer or laptop, word processing software, and the internet to undertake this course.
BSBESB301 Investigate business opportunities
BSBESB302 Develop and present business proposals
BSBESB303 Organise finances for new business ventures
BSBESB305 Address compliance requirements for new business ventures
BSBESB304 Determine resource requirements for new business ventures
BSBESB404 Market new business ventures
BSBOPS302 Identify business risk
SIRXMKT002 Use social media to engage customers
BSBOPS304 Deliver and monitor a service to customers
BSBPEF301 Organise personal work priorities
Veterans Skills Program
Eligible learners can study any course offered under the Government’s Smart and Skilled program, from Certificate II to Advanced Diplomas, including all apprenticeships and selected traineeships.
RTO Code 90171