This course enables aspiring entrepreneurs to take the next step in getting their small business off the ground. You will explore business opportunities and develop a business plan, complete with financial tables. You will also develop skills essential to running a small business, such as determining resource requirements, finance, and marketing.
This Nationally Recognised Training is funded by the NSW Government.
The NSW Department of Education has recognised our organisation as a High Performing Provider.
Who Is It For?
This course is available to all students under the Smart and Skilled initiative of NSW State Training. To be eligible, you need to:
- Be aged 15 years or older
- No longer at school
- Living and working in NSW
- Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen
*other eligibility criteria may apply upon enrolment
You will require the Language, Literacy, Numeracy, and Digital skills to:
- Read and comprehend the course learning content
- Conduct a basic internet search
- Engage in online learning, including video conferencing sessions
- Use a range of software to communicate electronically and create simple documents
You may also be required to have access to a computer or laptop and an internet connection.
If you are not sure that you meet the listed entry requirements, please contact us to find out how we can support you or visit smartandskilled.nsw.gov.au.
How is this course delivered?
This course is delivered online through Microsoft Teams and is scheduled for 26 hours per week (Monday – Friday) for a total of eight weeks. It will include:
- Two days of facilitated virtual learning, 5 hours per day.
- Approximately 15 hours per week of self-paced learning through our online learning platform
- Weekly virtual coaching sessions
Customers must have access to a computer or laptop, word processing software and the internet to undertake this course.
This training will take 8 weeks to complete. You must complete 4 core units.
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|BSBESB301||Investigate business opportunities|
|BSBESB302||Develop and present business proposals|
|BSBESB303||Organise finances for new business ventures|
|BSBESB304||Determine resource requirements for new business ventures|
Veterans Skills Program
Eligible learners can study any course offered under the Government’s Smart and Skilled program, from Certificate II to Advanced Diplomas, including all apprenticeships and selected traineeships.
RTO Code 90171