MTC Australia’s Youth Assist Scholarship Application
As a social enterprise, MTC Australia gives people the inspiration, capability, and opportunity to create a fulfilling life.
MTC recognises the financial burdens facing many of the families of young people currently accessing our services. MTC’s Scholarship program is designed to help to ease this financial pressure for some of these families.
The Youth Assist Scholarship program provides eligible students with support for education and support related costs. The value for each scholarship is $500 per year, per student*.
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible to apply for the MTC Australia Youth Assist Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
Participating in MTC Australia’s Opportunity Hub Program
- Studying in high school in years 9, 10, 11 or 12 or the equivalent at a college or TAFE
How to Apply?
Applications will open from 1st School Term of 2023 and will close before the end of 4th School Term (close of business 30th November 2023).
Late applications will not be considered.
NOTE: All funds must be used before the last week of Term 4, remaining funds after this time will be return to MTC’s funding pool.
You can apply using the form below and an MTC staff member will be in touch soon.
How much is the Youth Assist Scholarship?
Each scholarship for the 2023 school year is $500 (no GST included as this is a grant payment).
How do I get the money?
If you are successful, MTC will require a recent quote showing how your funds will be used, including the retailer’s banking payment details. MTC will purchase the goods [EG1] on your behalf by paying the merchant directly and items will be delivered to nominated address or in some circumstances can be delivered to MTC for pick up.
What can the MTC Youth Assist Scholarship be used for?
The scholarship funds must be used for educational or support related costs to help you complete the school year. Provided they are used for those costs, the program is flexible as to what can be purchased with scholarship funds.
Examples of items or services specific to the student which can be purchased with the scholarship include (but not limited to):
- School uniform including sports clothing and shoes
- Course related fees (eg, white card, barista, job ready courses)
- Student camps and excursions
- Textbooks, workbooks, study guides
- Course related equipment, materials and clothing
- Sporting equipment
- Printer, scanner, cables, computer software and licenses
- Smart phone*
- Study furniture (e.g. desk, chair)
- Transport costs (e.g. opal travel cards, driving lessons,)
- Travel for school related events, (e.g. participating in sporting events more than 150 kilometres)
- Medical and support needs (e.g. glasses, speech therapy)
- Social inclusion (e.g. in-house sports and youth programs, end of year formal tickets)
- employment related (e.g. Interview clothes and job related clothes)
*You will need to justify the need of a smart phone for educational purposes.
What can’t the Youth Assist Scholarship be used for
The funds cannot be used to:
- pay for school fees
- pay for an expense relating to siblings who are not scholarship recipients
- transfer funds to another student in the school
*Students who commenced with us since July 2018