The Certificate III in Cleaning Operations course will teach you how to use suitable cleaning chemicals and equipment, and ensure safe work conditions, in a variety of situations. You’ll learn self-dependence and how to carry out a range of routine and irregular tasks, maintain equipment supplies, and liaise with clients to provide effective and efficient service. Successful completion of this course may lead to career opportunities in commercial cleaning or as a room attendant.
Who is it For?
This course is available to all students under the Smart and Skilled initiative of the NSW Vocational and Educational (VET) system. To be eligible for funding, you must:
• Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or humanitarian visa holder
• Be aged 15 years or older
• Live or work in New South Wales
• Have left school and have no previous qualifications at Certificate IV or higher.
There are no entry requirements for this course, although we recommend that students have language, literacy and numeracy skills at ACSF Level 2.
How it Works
MTC offers this course as a Traineeship, which combines workplace training and assessment with distance-based learning. Training support is provided throughout to ensure students have the greatest chance of successful completion.
This course is comprised of 5 core and 9 elective units (14 units of competency in total).
• Clean using safe work practices • Confirm and apply privacy and security requirements for cleaning work • Remove waste and recyclable materials • Maintain cleaning storage areas • Provide effective client service
• Maintain hard floor surfaces • Maintain carpeted floor • Clean carpets • Clean glass surfaces • Clean using environmentally suitable work practices • Clean food-handling areas • Clean using microfibre and chemical-free techniques • Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures • Respond to enquiries and complaints
*Elective selection may vary according to customer requirements.
*Please note: these classes may only be delivered remotely due to COVID-19.
Course Dates and Next Steps
If you are interested in enrolling or to find out more, call us on 1300 232 663 or register your interest below and we will be in touch when there are new dates scheduled.
You can take all the above information with you to Centrelink or your job consultant by downloading and printing the course factsheet below.