The Certificate III in Cleaning Operations course will teach you how to use suitable cleaning chemicals and equipment, and ensure safe work conditions, in a variety of situations. You’ll learn self-dependence and how to carry out a range of routine and irregular tasks, maintain equipment supplies, and liaise with clients to provide effective and efficient service. Successful completion of this course may lead to career opportunities in commercial cleaning or as a room attendant.
Who is it For?
This course is available to all students under the Smart and Skilled initiative of the NSW Vocational and Educational (VET) system. To be eligible for funding, you must:
• Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or humanitarian visa holder
• Be aged 15 years or older
• Live or work in New South Wales
• Have left school and have no previous qualifications at Certificate IV or higher.
There are no entry requirements for this course, although we recommend that students have language, literacy and numeracy skills at ACSF Level 2.
How it Works
Certificate III in Cleaning Operations is delivered via a combination of face-to-face and distance-based learning, and is comprised of 5 core and 9 elective units (14 units of competency in total).
• Clean using safe work practices • Confirm and apply privacy and security requirements for cleaning work • Remove waste and recyclable materials • Maintain cleaning storage areas • Provide effective client service
• Maintain hard floor surfaces • Maintain carpeted floor • Clean carpets • Clean glass surfaces • Clean using environmentally suitable work practices • Clean food-handling areas • Clean using microfibre and chemical-free techniques • Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures • Respond to enquiries and complaints
*Elective selection may vary according to customer requirements
Your Next Step
Please Note: This course is currently only running as a workplace based trainee-ship, there are no dates currently scheduled for classroom training. If you would like to enquire about a trainee-ship or to be contacted once we have courses scheduled you can contact us below.
You can take all the above information with you to Centrelink or your job consultant by downloading and printing the course factsheet below.